The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical topics > Use of IT-based systems in RAYNET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RAYNET SARTrack users please read

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham G0SCV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAYNET SARTrack users please read
    Posted: 01/September/2016 at 11:07
FWD message from Bart Kindt - SARTrack Developer and CEO
+++

Hello,

This email goes to all UK RAYNET members who have installed the SARTrack software in the last few years.

I currently have a list of 41 different email addresses I filtered out of the SARTrack registration database (which contains about 5000 installations).

The reason for this email is that a new RAYNET SARTrack user has been asking me on options to use manual UK Maps on the program. While I have been able to provide some help, I was wondering if other RAYNET users may have found ways to load their own Maps into the SARTrack system.

All this made me think it could probably be a good idea if I would share the list of 41 email addresses between these RAYNET users, so that you could communicate between each other and help each other out with SARTrack related issues.

But I do not want to share email addresses without prior approval.

So, If you agree or NOT agree that I use your email address to share with the other 40 RAYNET SARTrack users, please let me know by replying to this email.

SARTrack Admin <info@sartrack.co.nz>

I will wait a week or so, and then will share ONLY those people which have agreed with the rest.

From then on you can have internal chats if required, and I can get on with improving the software ;)

Bart Kindt

New Zealand

-

Bart Kindt

SARTrack Developer and CEO

http://www.sartrack.nz/

+++

73 de Graham G0SCV Leeds RAYNET controller and SARTrack user

Graham Belt, G0SCV

M0NLP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M0NLP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2016 at 16:25
Hello Graham and other users.

I also had the same email and said I am happy my email address can be used.  A couple of us in Kent also thought that it might make sense to use this forum for discussion, as non-users can also be kept informed that way.  Will be interested in thoughts of others too?

happy to help, happy to share

Colin M0NLP
Deputy Controller Kent RAYNET
G8EIA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G8EIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2016 at 18:09
Graham, what is SARTrack?  Please fill me in.

Richard,

Cleveland RAYNET Group.

http://clevelandRAYNET.awardspace.com
G1HUL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G1HUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2016 at 20:11
Google is your friend.

http://www.sartrack.co.nz/
Jim, G1HUL
-----------------------
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
G8EIA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G8EIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2016 at 22:00
Thank you.  I have a basic understanding of it now, but I thought Graham would like to fill me in.

So it is based on APRS and started with the concept of a search dog telling its remote handler where the body lies.  In these more modern times it could be done by giving the search dog a Yaesu Fusion rig and training it to bite the PTT when it finds a lost soul.  All receiving Yaesu Fusion rigs would instantly display the callsign, direction and distance to the transmitter.

My version may not be totally practical, but at least it puts something new on this vastly underused RAYNET Forum.
Richard,

Cleveland RAYNET Group.

http://clevelandRAYNET.awardspace.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic