The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > National & Zones > National matters
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RAYNET Merger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g8hul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAYNET Merger
    Posted: 24/August/2016 at 12:53
It has been very quite here on the RSGB-RAEN proposals.

One question that I have come across is why has there already been a company formed with the Name RAYNET-UK Ltd in November last year, and why is that company a private company with share holders, NOT a Private Company limited by Guarantee with no share capital as per RAEN??

The registered address is the same for both RAEN and RAYNET-UK Ltd.
Jeff, G8HUL
Cathy Clark View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathy Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/August/2016 at 19:26
The reason it's quiet on here is that there is a dedicated email address for people to submit their comments to future@raynet.org.uk

RAYNET-UK was registered last year by the Network's Co.Sec to effectively "reserve" it until October's EGM/AGM when members will be asked to vote on the proposed name change.
Cathy Clark G1GQJ

RAYNET-UK Chairman
g8hul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g8hul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2016 at 09:20
Hi Cathy

The problem with an email address is that no one else get to see to replies or other people's opinions!!

Understand the 'reserving' of the company name, but I still wonder why it was not registered as a company limited by guarantee rather than a company with shareholders.

Jeff
Jeff, G8HUL
Hazel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hazel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2016 at 09:41
The simple answer to that is that there was no need; the exact form of the new company is irrelevant because The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network itself won't change, only its name.  The new company, which technically is mine :), is simply an administrative container for the RAYNET-UK name, which will be transferred onto The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network if the membership approves the proposed change of name to RAYNET-UK.  At that point I will also transfer the name The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network onto RAYNET-UK, and having done that I will dissolve the new company which will have the name The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network at that point.

Hazel
g8hul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g8hul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2016 at 09:47
Thanks for the explanation Hazel.
Jeff, G8HUL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic