The Radio Amateurs' Emergency Network Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical topics > Requests for technical assistance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2m/70cm Diplexer with BNC's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G1HUL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2m/70cm Diplexer with BNC's?
    Posted: 18/March/2018 at 12:11
Does anyone know of a source of 2m/70cm diplexers that have BNC-Male on the radio side flyleads?

I want one to use pair of commercial sets as a cross-band TT, and commercial stuff is almost universal in their use of BNC.
Jim, G1HUL
-----------------------
If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
g7gmn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g7gmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2018 at 02:16
Hello Jim,

Just noticed this and saw you had no replies.

I have got a couple of combined VHF and UHF duplexer/diplexers that TVP used to use to get the aerial-count down on unmarked vehicles.  They have BNC connectors for both VHF, both UHF and aerial.
They do not have flying leads, they would need short patch-leads to connect to radios.
They were apparently made by Microwave-Modules in Liverpool.  Seem to remember that they would not give me any information on them as they had not built them for me !

They are obviously for 143 to 156 MHz and 452/466 MHz, but seem to have easily re-tunable caps/coils within.  They are about 100 x 100 x 90 mm with the four connectors on one end.
They do in-band UHF repeat with normal 13.9 MHz split and diplex it with the VHF which then goes to the dual-band aerial, but obviously you could use one leg of the UHF for what you want it for.  I will attempt to find one to have a closer look at it if you wish.

Best wishes,

Ian.
Ian, G7GMN.
Controller, NE Hampshire RAYNET.

If in-doubt, print it out !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic